Reporting to the Lead Developer and working with members of the Telescope Inc Operations team, the Developer will take on day-to-day responsibilities for the design and development of web based applications, user interfaces and APIs. We are looking for a bright, well rounded web developer with good backend and front end skills.
The ideal candidate would be a quick learner that will be able to contribute to a diverse group of projects and applications and have pride in the work they do. The developer will work as part of a team to design, develop, and support a growing number of interesting projects for a wide range of clients, using the LAMP stack, with a focus on web based user interfaces development. This is a Los Angeles based position.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on web development experience
- Programming experience with focus on Object Oriented Programming and MVC design
- Experience building web applications, User Interfaces, single page apps, and database-driven websites.
- Experience with Cross browser compatibility.
- Knowledge of security with and common web site vulnerabilities.
- Must be passionate about pixels, spacing, paddings, and margins.
- A good eye for design and be able to match a designer’s expectations
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap and/or responsive design
- Mobile web experience a plus
Responsibilities and skills
- Develop custom User Interfaces for Telescope’s tools
- Assist other developers in completing project
- Testing and debugging web applications
- Well developed time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Must be able to work unsupervised on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Well developed interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced problem solving abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and management of own tasks
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and sense of urgency are essential
- Successful candidates will take direction well and be able to work in a fast paced small company environment
Telescope has a track record in the media and entertainment industry for managing high profile on air interactive events, such as American Idol voting.
More recently, we have developed new technology products to enable us to expand sales to our customer base and penetrate new vertical sectors. An example of this is our SMS marketing platform, Connect, which has been deployed by existing clients like Univision, new M&E customers such as NHL and Turner, and into totally new verticals, such as QSR’s through our work with McDonalds Monopoly.
For further information see: www.telescope.tv