As the leaders in live streaming technology, our video production company has the creative & technical expertise to execute your vision, with complete solutions for live broadcast, digital and social video. Take a look at our 3 Step Guide to Optimize Your Live Streaming Strategy.
Choose the Distribution Plan That’s Right for You
- Facebook – FB’s algorithm prioritizes live video content generating 6x as many interactions as regular video content.
- Twitter / Periscope – optimized for the mobile first generation with 80% of users accessing via phones.
- YouTube – the world’s 2nd largest search engine with over 1B users, primed for content discovery and a destination for live video.
- Twitch – popular amongst gamers, Twitch brings in 10M daily active users with an average watch time of 106 minutes.
- Instagram – with over 1B active users, 80% of people actively follow business accounts.
Consider Hosts and Talent
- Encourage influencers to promote and post your content beforehand to drive reach around your broadcast.
- Have a clear plan with incorporating talent.
Work with Partners
- Include sponsors for monetization opportunities.
- Use branded content tools to drive visibility and data capture.
- When streaming on FB or YouTube, use scheduling tools to attract an audiences ahead of time.
- Tease content and start the conversation with audiences early (i.e. polls, comments, trivia).
- Optimize your post copy – tell your audience why they should watch you live.
Optimize Your Media Buy
- Have a clear strategy for organic reach and paid media.
- Optimize your flighting plan – pre, during and post stream.
- Target your core audience and reach new fans.
Think About the Duration of the Stream
- Consider your media strategy and audience engagement to optimize the duration of your stream.
- Plan your content accordingly to maximize your ROI.
Check the Music
- Avoid issues with music in your stream.
- Clear music and check publishing rights before going live.
Double Check All Technical Details
- No matter how good your content is, you need a flawless technical approach.
- Test internet connectivity thoroughly before going live.
- Use hardline internet with minimum upload / download speed of 10mpbs for best results.
Your Live Checklist
- Think Mobile First
- Inform your Audience with a Clear CTA
- Build Audiences / Create Anticipation
- Engage, Engage, Engage
- Drive Comments Create Reach
- Utilize Live Polling & Trivia
- Offer the Chance to Win
- Involve Your Fans
- Post Copy – Update your post copy and title to reflect the VOD content.
- Analyze Data & Analytics – Measure, track and analyze your live streams.
- Expand Reach – Re-target your audience after the stream and continue the conversation with your viewers.
- Optimize your Content – Create highlight clips form the stream for social media to continue to drive conversation around your brand.
For more information on how to create engaging live streams and interactive video experiences – contact us today!