With over 1 billion active users, Instagram offers a valuable opportunity for brands, organizations and influencers. Vertical video is at the heart of this and the perfect fit for a mobile first audience.
As customers are continually searching for authenticity, Instagram Live offers one of the most effective ways to connect with your fans.
From our experience working with brands such as: 20th Century Fox, Krazy Glue, Netflix and Kevin O’Leary’s fine wines – we’ve highlighted our best practices on how to create an engaging Instagram Live Stream.
Best Practices for Live Streaming on Instagram
EMBRACE THE URGENCY!
- A great Instagram Live Strategy always takes advantage of the “limited time” nature of the stream.
- Unless you offer replays of your videos, remind your audience they only have one chance to join your broadcast.
- Make them feel like they can’t afford to miss out, they’re more likely to sit up and pay attention!
- Promote that you are going live ahead of time.
- A great way to boost your viewership is to promise one-time-only promotions while you’re building hype for your stream.
- Use Instagram Stories – a short series of stories with details about your upcoming broadcast builds excitement and engagement.
- Don’t forget, Instagram allows you to invite employees and coworkers to join your stream too, boosting your initial numbers.
- Remember, not all viewers will join at the same time. Use the ‘pin comment’ feature to give your fans some context around the stream.
- Focus on how you capture your content to work well for vertical framing.
- Use your live broadcast to give viewers something they can’t get from your regular Instagram account; go behind-the-scenes, reveal new products or feature a special guest.
- Build engagement with viewer interactivity such as live questions, demos and watch & win mechanics
- Once your live video ends, it will no longer be available in the app, unless you save it and share a replay of it to your Instagram Stories for 24hrs.
- Or save it as a Story Highlight and it can always be available for your followers.
- Make sure to plan your LIVE videos accordingly, if you want to replay /post in Stories
- Planning multiple live broadcasts? Let your fans know and ask them to turn on their push notifications.
Professional Production + Instagram Live
As a preferred partner to Facebook and Instagram, we offer the only approved service to produce highly visual multi-camera streams for Instagram Live.
Whether in studio or on location, or producing multiple live remote shoots – we help our clients create highly engaging video content for their Instagram audiences.
With a focus on ROI, we also deliver a range of additional services to optimize the content and budgets. In addition to the live, typically we include range of content capture, video edits, social videos optimized to multiple formats and range of promotional image and video assets.
Interested in learning more?
Fill out the form below and contact us today!