Live Streaming offers a powerful and authentic way to show viewers your nonprofit’s mission while simultaneously engaging & connecting with socially conscious audiences.
It offers a two way conversation, instant feedback, and dynamic fundraising opportunities – giving viewers the chance to donate in real-time.
Live videos in particular increases message reach when compared to pre-recorded videos:
- People WATCH FOR 3X LONGER
- Brands get 10X THE COMMENT ENGAGEMENT
How to Amplify Your #GivingTuesday with Live Streaming
ENABLE DONATE BUTTONS
Eligible non-profits can utilize Facebook’s DONATE button by adding it to their Page header, Page posts, Ads and also LIVE videos. This functionality is a particularly powerful fundraising tool, as supporters can make donations directly from the News Feed with a few taps. Viewers can donate as they watch the live video or once the video turns to video on demand.
People can also add a donate button to their live video to help raise money for their favorite causes and so can celebrities, businesses and other organizations that have a VERIFIED PAGE on Facebook. It’s a great way to rally supporters and reach wider audiences.
ACTIVATE YOUR SUPPORTERS
You can also empower your ambassadors to fundraise on your behalf. Supporters can create a dedicated page to share their story share their personal stories, and through Facebook Fundraiser tools raise money directly for your charity.
Best Practices for Your #GivingTuesday Live Stream
Build a Support Network Before Going Live
PROMOTE YOUR STREAM AND SCHEDULE YOUR POST TO BUILD AN AUDIENCE AHEAD OF TIME & CREATE SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT
- Social video views are driven by customer action – comments, shares, and likes. The more engagement you get, the more your message spreads.
- 48% OF AUDIENCES discover live streams through shares on their newsfeed.
Create Connections with Your Viewers
LIVE STREAMING ALLOWS YOU TO EMBRACE THE MOMENT
- Share personal and emotional stories & video clips within the live stream to tap into audiences’ personal experiences & encourage donations.
- Display comments.
- Highlight donors.
- Have the hosts read & acknowledge viewers/donors by name to personalize the experience.
Turn Awareness into Action
KEEP THE CONVERSATION GOING AFTER THE LIVE STREAM
- Just because the live stream is over doesn’t mean there isn’t still work to be done for your cause.
- Re-target and attract additional viewers using Facebook’s Custom Audience Tool sending additional information surrounding your cause or a further call to action.
Have a Production Strategy
With the amount of video uploaded and shared everyday, it can be challenging to stand out from all the clutter.Producing video of quality takes time, focus and resources. You don’t need a Spielberg style budget but you do need to invest time to build out a strategy and spend time to focus on the storytelling.
- Think of topics and creative that will connect with a new audience. Ask yourself “What’s our community interested in. What will strike a chord with them?”
- Give your supporters a glimpse behind the scenes and help then understand how their donations can make a difference.THE KEY TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS AUTHENTICITY AND CREATIVITY.
- Remember you can have fun! Stand out from the crowd with an amusing campaign and your content will get more readily shared.
- And there’s always help on hand, as live video experts Telescope can help you create simple influencer Live QAs using our Camera App or more highly produced events and fundraisers.
We’ve helped our clients RAISE MILLIONS of dollars using our Live+Donate services.
Let us help you harness the power of live video to connect directly with people who care about your cause.
Live Studio is our turnkey cost effective solution offering innovative engagement technology and in addition we offer full creative strategy and production services that deliver results.
Contact us today to find out more about our live streaming platform or other digital fundraising tools!